Monday, December 12, 2011

Wordstew entry; 11/18/11

Challenge: “At the end of the day, when it comes down to it, all we really want is to be close to somebody. So this thing where we all keep our distance and pretend not to care about each other, it's usually a load of bull. So we pick and choose who we want to remain close to, and once we've chosen those people, we tend to stick close by. No matter how much we hurt them.” --Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey on Grey’s Anatomy
Finish your own “At the end of the day” short paragraph…

Entry #1:  At the end of the day, I want to know that: I loved with all my heart, meant everything I said, tried my best, helped those that I could and prayed for those that I couldn't, laughed at least once, cherished every moment, spent only what I could afford, thought before I spoke, hugged the ones I loved - and that I have no regrets.

Entry #2: At the end of the day, he would come home smelling like cows and trailing hay chaff all over the kitchen floor. He would sit down with us at the table to eat dinner, and then sometimes leave again to milk cows or to plant/harvest as many crops as he could while the nice weather held. During the autumn, there were many times that he went out to chop and stack wood so that we would stay warm during the winter. Sometimes after dinner he would hijack the television to watch sports; I would get SO angry if I was watching something! I didn’t understand then how hard he worked to support our family and that he had earned that TV time. He missed some of my plays, talent shows, volleyball games, and parent - teacher conferences. But, at the end of the day, he taught me that hard work is rewarding, and that love sometimes means sacrificing some things because there are other things that need to be done. He taught me that unconditional love is important, and so is a sense of humor. My dad taught me many things; some of which I didn’t fully appreciate at the time. At the end of the day, I thank God for giving me such a wonderful, intelligent, funny, kind, and generous dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment